Thursday, July 5, 2007

Life In The Spotlight

Hello. This is the first episode of a series meant to tell the story of my life to all who are or are not interested in knowing everything about me. For the sake of making you better aquainted with me, I'll start with a little background.

My life really began about three years ago when I decided to start a heavy metal garage band with a couple of my friends. Josh took the drums, Brock grabbed the bass guitar, and I ended up with the electric guitar and lead vocals. We got together for the first time and started making up a song right away. I played a C cord while Josh went crazy and Brock snapped, slapped, and banged on the bass. The vocal part was something like this:

Chorus:
Waaahhhh!
YAAAABAAAAwooooo!
Waaaaaaah! Yaaaaaaaah!
Whooooooo! Wooooooo!

(Repeat)

Verse 1:
Burnt toast!
Wakachakanooo!
Burnt black!
Chikiwaaaaaah!

(Chorus)

Verse 2:
Like a brick!
Wakadoohoooo!
Only black!
Waaahlaaah!

(Bass solo then chorus)

We would then improvise on the spot, a brilliant third verse. Finally, the big day arrived and it was time for our first real gig: a self-arranged performance on the corner of 3rd and L streets. Yes, that's right, we were playing for tips! We played our only song: "Burnt Toast!" When the third verse came up, I hit it hard, and screamed this:

Now just dust!
Wakaloogyhoo!
It disintegrated!
Wakadoo! Yaaaaah!

When we finished, the crowd went crazy - yells, screams, and all the produce we could eat for the next month! Finally we had gotten the attention of the people of our town. We were on the high road to success.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very funny! We need to get together and get are new song "Orangutan!" up to par so that we can perform it.

-BR0ck Jone$

Anonymous said...

ROTFLOl!!! THAT was absolutely HILARIOUS!

My favorite line:
"...and all the produce we could eat for the next month!" - HAHAHAHAHA!

Anonymous said...

that really iiis funny!

Anonymous said...

Very Funny. Keep it up!