Tuesday, February 5, 2008

An Epic Skiing Adventure, part one

Well the other day my friend jellyfish and I done went and headed up to the mountains to do a little skiing, an like jellyfish always says about me: "I ain't much of a skier, but I sure would like to think I am!" So when we got there, we past through the ski lodge like a whirling dervish in an attempt to be the first ones on the ski slopes. It ensued that we in fact were the first folks in line for the big chair lift that takes you up to the top of the mountain. However, when we got there we took tally, and discovered were short; Jellyfishes polls, chew'n gum, and right glove, and that I had left my lucky ski helmet, goggles, and pants at home and instead was wearing, my cowboy hat, sun-glasses, and fabulous electric-green Bermuda shorts! But after putting our heads together, Jellyfish and I came to the conclusion that these were only miner setbacks, and that we wouldn't want to hold up a good ski day for such vanities.

See, Jellyfish and I know each other well enough to know that nether one of us would be so foolish as to let the loss of some important safety equipment get in the way of shredding the gnar. Naw', we know'z we'z brighter 'n 'at!

Getting on the chair lift was a trifle difficult seeing as we were distracted by the ski patrol guy's gliding down the mountain and gloating at us, saying that we would never really be the first ones on the mountain. But after only three serendipities of us falling off, the lift being stopped, putting our skies back on, and trying again, we achieved our goal. During one of these attempts however, Jellyfish ended up sprawled out in such a way that overly burlesqued one of the ski parolee's near fall upon determining our identities. But after all this, we were finally on our way to the gnarly POW we'd been dreaming of for months.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now, lissen hear yo' yo'ng man, yo'! Fry mah hide! ah have told yo' t'nevah fo'getcher most impo'tant proteckive ski gear. No it is notcher helmet, no' yer ski gloves. It is yer hillbilly teeth proteckive war. ah bought them fo' yo' special an' speck yo' t'wears them allus. ah doesn't care eff'n yo' ski in yurs skiffies....jest nevah fo'git t'wears yer teeth.
fry mah hide!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Momma Billy!