Thursday, October 18, 2007

A Wet Day

Note: This story is in response to a writing prompt that was forced from the great mind of the author. The writing prompt was as follows: Pretend you are a rain drop for a day bla bla bla...

The other day I awoke with a start. My legs and arms felt strangely liquid. I looked and saw, to my horror, that I had become a raindrop! I was falling through thin air towards a very large city. Looking around I saw thousands of other raindrops just like me.

Suddenly I hit the ground with a splash. A car roared over me, it's rear wheel throwing me high in the sky. Before I could reach the ground again, another car careened straight into me. I only had a split second to catch my breath before being flung into a storm drain by the windshield-wiper.

In the drain I was immediately rushed off to a lake, along with many other raindrops. Here I was able to rest a short time. Soon, however, and without warning, a huge fish swam up to me...and started licking my face!

Back in my bedroom, I realized I had fallen out of my bed, my head landing in my dog's water dish. Ol' Ruff was standing above me, his tongue poised above my thinking cap. It had only been a dream.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was very creative! keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

good keep it up!