Monday, March 24, 2008

In 'n' Out (part 2)

Sorry for not posting on this for a while but even though you haven't heard from us, it's only been a fortnight for Nan'da'man and me. So here we are at 9:42am the day we had an apointment at eight with the nice lady on the phone, our conversasion in the car on the way there sounded something like this:

Nan'da'man: Hey, weren't you s'posed to set the alarm last night?

Big Al: Well, yeah, but it was kinda difficult considering that the phone was in your pocket and you were already fast asleep when I got home!

Nan'da'man: Details, details, you dropped the ball, man!

At this point we had reached the nice lady's house. This postponed my trying to strangle Nan'da'man for the moment, which is probably a good thing considering he was driving.

We had found 2 old "in'n'out" bumper stickers in an leftover fast food bag the night before, which we stuck to the sides of our car which made us look like complete professionals, if I say so myself!

It could have been a combination these stickers, and the fact that we were 1hr.42min. late that caused the nice lady to be in a slightly egregious temper that morning. At any rate, here is an account of our introduction to her.

Ding dong!

"Oh, you two! I didn't take my son to school early for nothing you know! You were s'posed be here at eight, sharp! What's wrong with you!" She said, pointing a finger at Nan'da'man.

Not knowing exactly how to respond to this, Nan'da'man pointed at me, "It was all his fault! He didn't set the alarm last night!!!"

"You mean to tell me that you haven't even got the courtesy to get up on time for an apointment *YOU* set, and that I've been up half the night preparing for? Get out of here this instent and never shadow the doorstep again!!!"

Door slams!

Needless to say, this was my and Nan'da'man's last contracting job!

No comments: